Draft -01 of the JSON Web Token (JWT) specification is now available. This version incorporates the consensus decisions reached at the Internet Identity Workshop. The remaining open issues and to-do items are documented in Section 12. As a reminder, the suggested pronunciation of JWT is the same as the English word “jot”.
The draft is available at these locations:
- https://self-issued.info/docs/draft-jones-json-web-token.html (will point to new versions as they are posted)
- https://self-issued.info/docs/draft-jones-json-web-token.txt (will point to new versions as they are posted)
- https://self-issued.info/docs/draft-jones-json-web-token.xml (will point to new versions as they are posted)
- http://svn.openid.net/repos/specifications/json_web_token/1.0/ (Subversion repository, with html, txt, and html versions available)
The decisions reached at IIW are documented here:
- JSON Token Spec Results at IIW
- JSON Token Encryption Spec Results at IIW
- JSON Token Naming Spec Results at IIW
- JSON Public Key Spec Results at IIW
Thanks to all who provided the input that led to this draft! Feedback is highly welcome.