Draft 10 of the OAuth 2.0 Bearer Token Specification has been published, which incorporates consensus decisions reached since Working Group Last Call feedback. It closes all open issues. It contains the following changes:
- Removed the #auth-param option from Authorization header syntax (leaving only the b64token syntax).
- Restricted the scope value character set to %x21 / %x23-5B / %x5D-7E (printable ASCII characters excluding double-quote and backslash). Indicated that scope is intended for programmatic use and is not meant to be displayed to end users.
- Restricted the character set for error_description strings to SP / VCHAR and indicated that they are not meant to be displayed to end users.
- Included more description in the Abstract, since Hannes Tschofenig indicated that the RFC editor would require this.
- Changed “Access Grant” to “Authorization Grant”, as was done in the core spec.
- Simplified the introduction to the Authenticated Requests section.
The draft is available at these locations:
- http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-ietf-oauth-v2-bearer.html (will point to new versions as they are posted)
- http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-ietf-oauth-v2-bearer.pdf (will point to new versions as they are posted)
- http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-ietf-oauth-v2-bearer.txt (will point to new versions as they are posted)
- http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-ietf-oauth-v2-bearer.xml (will point to new versions as they are posted)
- http://svn.openid.net/repos/specifications/oauth/2.0/ (Subversion repository, with html, pdf, txt, and html versions available)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.