The OAuth 2.0 Device Flow specification has been updated to flesh out some of the parts that were formerly missing or incomplete. Updates made were:
- Updated the title to “OAuth 2.0 Device Flow for Browserless and Input Constrained Devices” to reflect the specificity of devices that use this flow.
- User Instruction section expanded.
- Security Considerations section added.
- Usability Considerations section added.
- Added OAuth 2.0 Authorization Server Metadata definition for the device authorization endpoint.
It’s my sense that this specification is now nearly done. I highly encourage those of you with device flow implementations to review this version with an eye towards ensuring that all the functionality needed for your use cases is present. For instance, I’d suggest comparing the error code definitions to your usage.
Thanks to William Denniss for producing these updates.
The specification is available at:
An HTML-formatted version is also available at:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.